Friday, January 9, 2009

Three Little Pigs

When I was four or five, our neighbor Susan Zell had the idea that my sister Monica and I and her two children Katie and David would perform "The Three Little Pigs" in the Summer Bible School Talent Show. Katie and David were some of our best friends, and we had spent hours in the sweltering Florida summer heat picking flowers in thier yard and playing in thier treehouse and I can remember late at night begging my mother to let me go back to thier house to play.
Susan set up a carboard box on her driveway, and put a brick at one end and some sticks at another; and had us rehearse. I was going to be the pig in the brick house, becasue I was the oldest, or maybe I thought, Katie the big bad wolf, and Monica and David the lesser roles of being in the straw house and house of sticks.
Susan fixed the box up nice and pretty for the performance. It went smoothly. The story was so intuitive that none of use really needed a script.
Afterwards, the costumes somehow eneded up at our house, and our friend Pat McLaughlin saw the opportunity in them. We put the pig noses onto our faces and wore the pink shirts and stood at the end of the driveway and jumped out at the passing cars. I laughed and laughed until my stomach hurt. I wondered how he could be so funny and I wanted to be just like him.

No comments

MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK