Friday, April 24, 2009

This American Life LIVE!!!


My book group unfortunately made an incredibly LAME book choice this month (Bill Bryson's, "I'm a Stranger Here Myself"--DON'T read it if you haven't allready, it's like the cheesiest book on the planet!!!) and so I had to skip out on our meeting and instead went to see THIS AMERICAN LIFE LIVE!!!




It is a little bit bizairre watching a radio show onstage, and I have the sense that this was a desperate attempt for the show to raise some money so that it can stay on the air. In any event I decided to go since I have had a fettish for the show lately, and what can I say, I have a teensy tiny little crush on its charming host, Ira Glass. (He's just so sassy and articulate!~)




The show had a really funny story from comedian Mike Birbuglia and a (possibly too sentimental) story from Starlee Kline (finally got to see a face behind that funny voice), plus we got to see Ira Glass himself working the turntables.




I enjoyed the show, although I don't know if it was worth $20. I think that one of the coolest things that I saw was an interview before the show with an Iraqui who went around the US talking with Americans about the war.

No comments

MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK