Friday, December 4, 2009

Cranberry relish


I made cranberry relish for the first time this Thanksgiving and man was this stuff GOOD!! I was skeptical at first since the recipe called for an ENTIRE orange~(peeling, rind, pulp) but decided to try it out anyway and man was I glad. Here's the recipe I found on the back of Ocean Spray cranberry bag, I modified it a little to add crushed walnuts and ginger (a good addition)

1 bag cranberries
1 entire orange, cut into small pieces (take out seeds)
3/4 c. of sugar, or more, to taste
1/2 c. walnuts, crushed
1/2 t. ginger

Process the cranberries and orange in a food processor until well blended. Add sugar until desired sweetness, then stir in walnuts and ginger. Refrigerage and serve chilled.

Note: I tried adding 1/2 c. this relish to a loaf of white bread to flavor it, and it wasn't so great. I may continue to experiment though with other bread recipes since the relish is SO GOOD it is bound to improve a loaf of bread as well. The relish tastes great on its own too! Enjoy!

No comments

MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK