Friday, January 29, 2010

Goodwill Outlet Store


My mom and I went to the Goodwill Outlet store on Wednesday. It was kind of a surprise visit from her, she only stayed the night, and it was her idea to take me out there....really convenient since she has a car.

This place is out in Hillsboro, and it is where you can buy the clothes that haven't sold at the regular Goodwill stores. They sell clothing by the pound, and once you have loaded 25 or more pounds on your cart, it only costs 89 cents a pound. Today I was looking mostly for jeans, and we loaded 30 pounds rather quickly. You can find a lot of rather nice things here; I have a friend who comes to the bins for clothing that she later consigns.

It only took us about 20 minutes to pick out these clothes; we didn't have a lot of time since we needed to meet my sister in Vancouver later that afternoon.

On the way back my mother told me an in-depth story about her friend who committed suicide about 22 years ago. He used to work in SW Portland. Probably sounds pretty morbid, and that's because it is. But she's 100% Irish, and she can't help herself.
MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK