Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Lizzy" Credit Card Holder



I just designed a new purse...or maybe not "Just" since I gave one to my sister Lizzy for Christmas. However, after Christmas I re-examined the pattern and discussed it with my roommate....and we decided that the new Lizzy, or credit card clutch, needed to be just ever so slightly wider and deeper.



The Lizzy is a "smallet" designed to hold credit card, ID, business cards, and cash. It is made from 100% recycled clothing, and also it closes with a button.

The dimensions of the Lizzy are approximately 5" wide by 3" high (slightly shorter at the lip).



I am happy to have made this smallet, since I need to expand my accessory line for MegExpressions. Just last weekend I went out for crepes with my sister Lizzy and she was using her new smallet and found that it worked well for holding ID, and small papers.

This Lizzy is made from 100% recycled clothing, and it closes with a vintage button. I am happy that this is made from 100% recycled materials, and doesn't use a zipper. However, for this same reason the Lizzy might not be ideal for carrying small change or other items since it does have a large opening where things may fall out!



I doscovered that you can also put keys into the Lizzy. After a time trial (making 10 at the same time) I discovered that I will have to sell it for $8.50 (it took me just under 30 minutes to make one). Was hoping to sell this bad boy for more like $6, but such is life. Time is money.
MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK