Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jen Purse



Today I am going to write about the Jen Purse. I designed this purse last summer. It is one of the first purses that I make that has pleats. It sells for $26, and I wish that that was lower but such is life.

The Jen is named after a lady in Seattle who I used to nanny for.

I had intended this purse for older women, but as with all my purses, it sometimes tends for a younger crowd, as in a much younger crowd, as in 4-5 year old girls.

(This is what happened last week at the SE Artwalk; I sold a clutch to a 60-something year old woman, and then about three hours later a mother came by and bought the exact purse for her four year old. I am not kidding. I am having a very hard time identifying who my customer is, for this reason.)

Here's another pic of the Jen. It is pretty simple; just a little purse that closes with a button, and has no pockets inside.



It is good to just carry around if you are going somewhere simple. I took this purse to a ceremony last summer where a friend of mine made his first vows as a Jesuit. Here's a pic of the two of us.



I used to babysit for him when I was younger, and now he is "all grown up". So sweet. All I really needed to take with me was my cell phone, keys and a small wallet, which is why the Jen was perfect for the occasion.

Check out some of the Jens that I have for sale on etsy!
MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK