Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Dress



I have this brown dress that I made when I was in college once over spring break, and even though I LOVE it it has become quite worn over the years. I found it difficult to part with the dress, however, and so I set out to make a new one!


First, I got a seam ripper and took the brown dress apart piece by piece. It was kind of a slow process, but much of this I did while watching movies, etc. so it wasn't so bad.



Next I used the pieces that I had cut as templates to cut new pieces out of this piece beautiful piece of fabric that my mother picked up for me from a garage sale



Then I stitched the new pieces together...the process went quite smoothly. I didn't try anything very adventurous with the new dress, except to make the sleeves a little bit different. It fits pretty well, too, although I think that I will need to make some adjustments in the neck.
MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK