Saturday, April 21, 2012

Progressing with hand-stitching on my quilt

Quilting has kept me pretty busy this week.


Here's a shot of me stitching away at one of the quilt blocks on my new quilt.  


And a second one, a little further back, that shows the quilt stretched inside the hoop.  


These are the supplies that I've had to purchase since it has been SUCH a long time since I've hand quilted!  


And a closer shot; the beeswax, a thimble, thread, needles and the hoop.  


I've done several squares already; this quilt has 88 total squares, plus a small boarder, so I have a long way to go!  Hoping to finish this by the end of May/beginning of June.  


I'm doing a pretty simple stitch, I looked through some quilting books and decided that something simple like this would be a good idea.  

No comments

MegExpressions © - DESIGNED BY HERPARK